Wednesday, April 26, 2017

MOVING RIGHT ALONG….


I am moving right along in this journal.  Only eight pages to go and then I will need to decide if I am going to continue reporting in a new journal.  I THINK NOT!  To tell the truth, I am ready to move on to something else…maybe painting abstracts and using acrylics.  I love the Dina Wakley acrylics and can't wait to start experimenting with them.

If you haven't tried Dina's paints yet, do yourself a favor and buy a tube.  They are different from other acrylics as they are highly pigmented and can be watered down and used like watercolors without losing their intensity.  Plus, the colors are scrumptious.  Love, love, love!!!  And…did I mention that you can buy a writing tip that screws onto the end of the tube so that you can draw and write with them? lol…I guess that I can't hide how excited I am about them.

Here are more pages from my journal using the Faber Castell Pitt Big Brush pens and finishing with splashes of watercolor.  I am really loving the india ink in these pens.  The ombre letters below were made by first outlining the letters with a waterproof black pen, using a brush to wet the interior of the letter, and then inking the bottom of the letter while blending the ink with a paint brush.  Yes, the india ink can be watered down with a wet paint brush if you are quick.  Once the ink dries…it is permanent.





















Thanks for stopping by and until next time….

Hugs,
Ginny

7 comments:

  1. Hi Ginny, love the work and will miss this topical journaling when it's gone--but completely understand the need to do something different. Quick question about the writing tip you mentioned above. Is that the Ranger Fine Tip Applicator or something else? I'm not seeing anything specifically designed for the Dina Wakely paints, but would love to give both a try.

    Again, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words. Always good to hear that someone appreciates my efforts. Yes, the tip is the Fine Tip Applicator by Ranger. It comes two to a pack and says on the package that it is designed to fit Dina Wakley Media Heavy Body Acrylic Paint Tube. It has a picture of one of Dina's girls in the upper left corner. It has a self cleaning needle in the cap.

      Delete
  2. I hope you do decide to start another journal (I'm on no.13) because where else will you be able to VENT the feelings you put in them? I do love your work so look forward to seeing more of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rosie. This journal has helped me to vent and is increasingly becoming more intent on the statement rather then the art itself. Does that make sense? I have two more posts and I will be finished with this journal. I'm not sure that I will start another one. It depends on where this administration goes. If the news is censored, which I think that it is leaning that way, it will be more difficult to report. Time will tell.

      Delete
  3. I am soooo in love with your journal!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melissa! Stay tuned for the last installment. I am about to finish with this journal as I only have a few pages left. I think that I will save them for the results of the Muller investigation. Who knows how long that will take! Anyway, I just purchased a new watercolor journal and I plan to devote it to "faces."

      Delete