Wednesday, July 26, 2017

STARTING A NEW JOURNAL, "FACES."

Work In Progress
I am starting a new journal.  Whoo hoo!!!  I love drawing faces and decided to devote an entire journal to faces drawn in pencil, ink, watercolor, acrylic, collage...or any other media or technique I find interesting to try.  I will most likely find my inspiration from the myriad of photos that I find in fashion magazines or on Pinterest. (Like the one above.)  I am not interested in obtaining an exact likeness of the subject but rather concentrating on the technique, color and most important..just having FUN!  

This is my new "Hand-Book" journal.  Squeeee!  I absolutely loooove it! It is just the right size for painting faces...not too large or too small.  The journal is 8.25" X 8.25", has a linen like cover, 60 acid free pages of scrumptious hot press watercolor paper and a clear pocket inside the back cover to hold notes, etc.  If you are not familiar with the "Hand-Book" journals, they have a variety of sizes and come with watercolor or heavy weight buff mixed media/sketch paper.  I have used both types and love them both!  (Mixed media journals have a book cloth cover and come in black, red, blue, or green.)


I just wanted to show you how I protect my journal from paint spills, etc.  I wrap the cover in Glad Wrap!  Yes...I learned the hard way.  My first linen cover journal was dragged through paint by accident but I'm not panicking...it will be decorated in order to reflect the subject of the journal anyway.


Until next time....

Hugs,
Ginny

No comments:

Post a Comment