Sunday, February 3, 2013

FEBRUARY CALENDAR PAGE

Running a little behind...I have so much to do and keep adding more to my plate. My goal for today is to catch up with my calendar journal by finishing the January journal entries so that I can move on to February.  I'm almost there!!!  At least I have the February page completed and ready for the journaling to be added.


This is how I made the February page:

I used Dylusions sprays for the background and date squares and Tombow markers for the basket of hearts and the background behind the heart basket.  I was pleasantly surprised how the yellow Tombow marker matched the yellow color of the Dylusions and how well they blended together.


The basket of flowers is a on a fold-out page.  When closed, you can see the quote that was part of the January page.  I planned the February page first so that the shape or cut-out would follow the shape of the hearts....then I made the quote page fit the shape.



The basket is made by using a Zentangle pattern.  It looks hard but is easy peasy. A little time consuming but easy just the same!  Here is how you do it:






Next up...MARCH!  Hmmmm....I'm thinking March flowers!  March is the month to plant flowers and vegetables in Florida.  Maybe I will fill the page with lots of flower doodles.

Until next time!
Hugs!!!!
Ginny

2 comments:

  1. Simply scrumptious Ginny and thank you for sharing! I got my March pages all laid out and then at the last minute realized that Easter is actually in March this year so will revise a tad... can't wait to see what you come up with next my friend!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ginny, this is gorgeous! I love the heart flowers and the basket is great with the tangle design.

    ReplyDelete