Wednesday, February 11, 2015

IMAGINE

"I think the artistry is in having insight into what one sees around them.  
Generally putting things together in a way no one else has before 
and finding a way to express that to other people who don't have insight."  
Steve Jobs

Sometimes the finished collage piece surprises me because it turns out in a way that I had never imagined.  Such is the case with this journal page.  I felt that it was pretty ugly before the pen work and I knew that pen work would really liven it up but this page took on a life of its own.  More embellishment with collage, the addition of the color blue, the tinting of the flowers to match the skin color pull it all together.  I think that it is one of my favorite pages!

Finished collage

Collage Before Pen Work
Until next time…..

Hugs,
Ginny

3 comments:

  1. You've perfectly demonstrated how you take a page from basic collage to a work of art which is truly your own! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've perfectly demonstrated how you take a page from basic collage to a work of art which is truly your own! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete